Post Graduation Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a postgraduate Medical Laboratory Technology course. Medical Laboratory Technology also called Clinical laboratory science which is an allied health profession which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease using clinical laboratory tests.
- During the course some of the topics are to be covered: Clinical Pathology, Haematology, Immunopathology, Microbiology, Blood Banking, Histopathology and Cytology. The duration of P.G.D. Medical Laboratory Technology is of two years, but some institutes are offering this course on a one-year basis.
- PGD in Medical Laboratory Technology is a comprehensive study of understanding the importance and usage of Clinical Laboratory Science which dwells into the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of disease through the use of laboratory tests.
- Students gain an intrinsic knowledge about the various aspects of laboratory practice involving how to test samples and tissues in order to diagnose the ailment in time.
- PGD in Medical Laboratory Technology syllabus of the program covers the topic involving the study of Clinical Pathology, Immunopathology, Microbiology, Blood Banking, Histopathology, Cytology, Clinical Pathology, and Haematology. They are imbibed with abilities to use computers, operate equipment and prepare specimens. Candidates are qualified to run tests, clean as well as maintain laboratory equipment such as microscopes, centrifuges, etc. in an efficient manner.