Masters In Medical Laboratory Technology
- The course curriculum focuses on knowledge of hematology and laboratory proficiency. Students learn the formation of various hematology disorders including anemia. This course provides instructions about procedures in semi-conducted, automated, and blood count cells. Topics include metabolism and genetics, basic immunology, microbial morphology, cultural characteristics and theory of disease process.
- Master in Medical Laboratory Technology (sometimes abbreviated as MLT) is a postgraduate Medical Lab Technologist course. Medical laboratory technology is the branch of medical science responsible for performing laboratory investigations relating to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- During the course, students are introduced about the diagnosis of diseases, the implementation and monitoring of therapies to treat disease and the like many other areas. The duration of the course is two years and it opens many job scopes for the candidates after the completion of the degree.
- Medical laboratory technologists serve as a member of the healthcare team, performing laboratory test related to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. They work in an interesting and dynamic environment using high-tech instruments to analyze samples and generate information with accuracy and quality control which assists the healthcare professionals.
- There is always a high demand for trained lab professionals and with the advent of accreditation to laboratories the need for competent, skilled medical laboratory technicians is high and is expected to increase significantly in the coming years.