Masters In Medical Imaging Technology
- Master in Medical Imaging Technology is a postgraduate Medical Lab Technologist course. Medical imaging is a rapidly growing discipline within the healthcare sector, involving clinicians, physicists, computer scientists and those in the IT sector.
- This is fuelled by the rapid development of 3D medical imaging systems over the last few decades, matched by an exponential rise in computing power. This has allowed the development of new methods for the acquisition, reconstruction, processing and display of digital medical image data with unprecedented speed, resolution and contrast: a trend which can only continue.
- The program provides a Masters-level postgraduate education in the knowledge, skills and understanding of engineering design of advanced medical and biotechnology products and systems. Students will also acquire a working knowledge of the clinical environment to influences their design philosophy.
- Masters In Medical Imaging is aimed at training graduates for careers in this exciting multidisciplinary area and provides a judicious mix of theoretical and applied topics. The course is career orienting in nature that opens many jobs after its completion.
- There is always a high demand for trained lab professionals and with the advent of accreditation to laboratories the need for competent, skilled medical laboratory technicians is high and is expected to increase significantly in the coming years.