Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a Medical Lab Technologist Diploma course. Medical laboratory technology is the branch of medical science responsible for performing laboratory investigations relating to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- The main subjects to be covered during the first and second year of this course are the same as for the Degree Course. Within completion of two years of the above-given course, the candidate after undergoing requisite course module, a diploma will be awarded and have an option to continue if desired, the degree course, within the requisite time schedule as mentioned in the degree course.
- The duration of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is generally two years, but it depends mainly on the criteria prescribed in different institutes in India.
- After passing the course candidates can assist the doctors in taking samples, centrifuging, making slides, using specified stains etc, under proper guidance.
- The students are skilled to perform tests that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases as the program equips candidates with the necessary skills required to handle lab equipment and perform accurate pathological tests.
- They can also assume administrative functions such as reporting and recording results of tests conducted in the laboratory, maintaining accurate clinical records, selecting and evaluating laboratory equipment and new test methodologies and performing other duties as may be assigned by the laboratory supervisor.
- They have also many scopes available in molecular diagnostics, molecular biotechnology companies and in vitro fertilization laboratories as well as in research labs.