Bachelor Of Vocational In Patient Care Management
- A graduate of B. Voc. in Patient Care Management (PCM) is an all-rounder as far as patient care is concerned. The course envisages building an overall expertise in the student, of managing patients with care, whether it’s an in-patient or someone in the OPD or anywhere else in the hospital. This student would be capable of offering a range of services from paediatric care to geriatric care to cardiac care or care of cancer patients.
- Besides, skills related to personal care of patients, basic nursing procedures, patient ambulation and handling, store keeping, biomedical waste disposal, etc. in short we can say PCM student manage entire patient life cycle. The need for such professionals has been expressed by not only the healthcare industry employers, but also the consumers of this industry, i.e., patients.
- The specialized skill training offered to the students makes them an asset not only to the doctors and nurses but the patients as well. The course creates the grounds for enhancing vertical growth opportunities for the Patient Care Management graduate.
- The academic program is 3 years long. The program lays much stress on practical learning and knowledge. This is the main reason why you will find lab sessions and workshops in the curriculum.
- After completing BOPTM course, students are qualified to provide comprehensive care for the visual systems including vision, detection of eye diseases, prescribing eye correction options such as eye classes, contact lenses and low vision aids. However, they are not certified to carry out eye surgeries, but do diagnosis and refer patients to Ophthalmologists in case of serious eye diseases.