Bachelor In Optometry Technology
- The Bachelor of Optometry is a four-year undergraduate programme designed to make a student ready for ocular management. Through different courses in the programme the students are trained for diagnosis and management of ocular diseases management and precise recommendation of spectacles and contact lenses and the ability to provide personalised care to people with special needs.
- This programme is meant for students who are keen to discover the latest modern imaging techniques and demonstrate an interest in scientific principles. The programme is for students who have a strong fondness to learn through practical education and have the vision to explore new possibilities in this field.
- A career by improving the community s ocular health and visual welfare. This makes a suitable career for an individual who is passionate about giving back to the society.
- The core of the programme encompasses the study of life sciences vision and optometric sciences anatomy and physiology of vision mechanisms of disease and optics and visual science. The students after graduating become adept professionals through hands-on training and regular field visits upskilling them in optometric practice and aspects of clinical optometry contact lenses paediatric optometry and binocular vision eye diseases and treatments.
- After completing BOPTM course, students are qualified to provide comprehensive care for the visual systems including vision, detection of eye diseases, prescribing eye correction options such as eye classes, contact lenses and low vision aids. However, they are not certified to carry out eye surgeries, but do diagnosis and refer patients to Ophthalmologists in case of serious eye diseases.